On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Marco Peereboom wrote:

What's wrong with?
# sysctl hw | grep ipmi
hw.sensors.0=ipmi0, Temp, OK, temp, 43.00 degC / 109.40 degF
hw.sensors.1=ipmi0, Planar Temp, OK, temp, 30.00 degC / 86.00 degF
hw.sensors.2=ipmi0, CMOS Battery, OK, volts_dc, 3.12 V
hw.sensors.3=ipmi0, Front Fan, OK, fanrpm, 1258 RPM
hw.sensors.4=ipmi0, Back Fan, OK, fanrpm, 2052 RPM
hw.sensors.5=ipmi0, Intrusion, OK, indicator, Off

Like I said, that's preferable. Other *BSD platforms should import the OpenBSD code, and we should endeavor to map those sysctl()s into an IPMI MIB. I think Linux has its own IPMI kernel layer.

~lava

How is this any harder to parse?

And it does not take 35 seconds either.