-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas
Anders
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:46 PM
To: Malcolm Townsend
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: ifHCInOctets and Solaris

Malcolm Townsend wrote:
> I have a question regarding the 64 bit counters for In / out octets
> (ifHCInOctets).
> I understand from the net-snmp web site that this is only supported
> for Linux.
>
> Q1:  Will this ever be supported for Solaris ?  Or is there some way
> to use Net-SNMP to get it to work ?

It just needs a volunteer to implement the Solaris-specific bits of the
new IF-MIB implementation. Comparable patches for FreeBSD and OpenBSD
are already sitting in the patch tracker. If you're interested, please
join us on IRC (www.net-snmp.org/support/irc).

+Thomas

contain confidential or otherwise privileged information and is intended only
for the individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the sender.

SOURCECORP, Incorporated
www.srcp.com