Joe Shen wrote:
Are you sure you unpack the tarball correctly?

To my experience, Solaris's tar could not do with long
directory path. So, GNU tar must be used with
unpacking.

Yes, that's likely the solution for the original poster.

However, it's actually more of a problem with our tarball rather than a Solaris tar bug. This problem will be fixed in future net-snmp distributions.

+Thomas