On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 11:48 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to keep the mib2c generated .c .h files in some
> other directory (other than agent/mibgroup) and force the configure
> scripts to include those files while making snmpd ?
>
> 2) Is there any way to force "--with-mib-modules " to look for .c
> and .h other than agent/mibgrop directory

No.
Configure will look in 'agent/mibgroup'

> 3) Is it possible to implement the mibs and generate .so and while
> configuring snmpd include that .so instead of
> --with-mib-modules option and still the private mibs which
> implementation is part of .so gets  loaded.

One possibility would be to load the .so file dynamically when the
agent starts - see the 'dlmod' token in snmpd.conf(5).

Alternatively, you could try tweaking the mib_module_inits.h file
(after running configure, but before make) to add a call to the
initialisation routine of your .so file.   That's not something
I've tried myself, but it should work, I think.