[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
     any responses to the mailing list.  I don't have the time
     or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
     Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
     and offer advice.  Thanks.   ]

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:10 -0800, Catherine Io wrote:

> Here is the configure options that I used:
> --enable-mini-agent
> --disable-privacy
> --without-openssl
> --disable-manuals
> --disable-scripts
> --disable-debugging
> --with-transports=UDP
> --without-kmem-usage
> --disable-shared
> --enable-static
> --with-defaults
> --prefix=xxxx
> --with-install-prefix=xxxx
>
> BTW, I did a 'ldd' and here is the result.
> ldd snmptrap
> libcrypto.so.2 ==> not found
> libm.so.6 => /lib/i686/libm.so.6
> libc.so.6 => /lib/i686/libc.so.6

Hmmm...
I've just done roughly the same on a clean install:

 $ configure --enable-mini-agent --disable-privacy
             --without-openssl --disable-shared
 $ make
 $ ldd apps/snmptrap
 linux-gate.so.1
 libm.so.6
 libc.so.6
 /lib/ld-linux.so.2

No mention of libcrypto (as expected).

All I can suggest is that you try again, with a completely
fresh source tree.   Maybe it's picking up something from
an earlier build?