On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 03:06 -0800, vijendra agarwal wrote:
> Can you please let me know if there is any plan to implement getbulk
> of agentx protocol in near future?

There's no explicit timetable for implementing this functionality, no.
It is listed in the Feature Requests tracker (#1379500), but that's
no guarantee as to how soon anyone will actually tackle the job.

It'll probably depend on someone who needs to make use of this feature
being prepared/able to do the work (or to fund someone else to do it!)

> I know around 20% of code flow and data structure used by net-snmp.
> I have good knowledge about C. so can you tell me,  how much time
> approx will it take if I try to implement it?

I really couldn't suggest a meaningful estimate.  It might be a
two-minute job, since most of the bits are in place.   The agent
*does* support the AgentX GetBulk protocol request - it simply
doesn't try to use it.  So tweaking the register_agentx routine
to include HANDLER_CAN_GETBULK *might* be sufficient  (except
that it seems to already do this).

But much of this code probably hasn't been tested, and there are
a lot of subtle problems in GetBulk handling.  So getting it to
work reliably might be a long hard slog.  I really don't know.