Hi all,
        I had snmpget v3 working fine with between Solaris 8 systems.
I recently rebuilt the same version of Net-SNMP (5.2.2) on Solaris 10
and now the same snmpget to the exact same Solaris 8 client gets binary
garbage back if I request the nsExtendOutputFull OID from any extend
directive.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -t 3 -P 3 -H 10.10.10.10 -L authPriv -U
username -a MD5 -A abcdefg -X hijklmnop -o nsExtendOutputFull.\"extt\"
SNMP OK - 0:extt running okay |
NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutputFull."extt"=0:extt running
okayÿ3ðÿ?XNET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutputFull."extt" = STRING: 0:extt
running okay
;;;;

The same Solaris 8 systems still gets proper response.

+ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -t 3 -P 3 -H 10.10.10.10 -L authPriv -U
username -a MD5 -A abcdefg -X hijklmnop -o nsExtendOutputFull."extt"
SNMP OK - 0:extt running okay |
NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutputFull."extt"=0:extt running okay;;;;

extt is just a simple echo script for testing

extend extt /usr/local/bin/extt

# /usr/local/bin/extt
0:extt running okay

Any thoughts what's going on here? Thanks.

 Kyle