Singh, Sandeep, VF UK - Technology (TS) wrote:
Hi
I have installed Net-SNMP Feature on Window 2000 machine.
When i am trying to run snmpconf  i am getting the promt

"  C:\usr\bin\snmpconf requires Perl to run.
   .
   A version of Perl for Windows is available from
   http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl
   .
   Please install Perl and run this program again.
   .
   Press any key to continue . . .
                                          "
I have downloaded and install the perl in c\usr\perl.and i am able to run perl
package manager(PPM).

If you type 'perl -v' at a command prompt and Perl runs and shows the version number, then the snmpconf.bat file should work. Are you able to run ppm from the command line or only from the Start menu? If you can not run it from the command line, then you need to make sure c:\perl\bin is in your path. Sometimes if you have a DOS window open when you install a program (such as Activestate Perl), it is unable to update the path.

Alex