Title: RE: problem with remote connect v3 authenticaion...
Hi,

I've gone though the man 5 snmpd.conf pages - but I
still CANNOT do a remote connect using v3.

I have the following in my snmpd.conf file:

createUser quadrics MD5 my_passord DES
rwuser quadrics
rwcommunity public default .1
I'm just want the simplest v3 settings possible at the moment - so I can get moving.

On localhost - it connects fine:

../apps/snmpget -v 3 -u quadrics -l authNoPriv -A my_password -a MD5 -x DES 172.16.0.247 SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (4721) 0:00:47.21

On remote host - I get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] snmpget -v 3 -u quadrics -l authNoPriv -A my_password -a MD5 -x DES 172.16.0.247 SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0
snmpget: Authentication failure (incorrect password, community or key)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please help !

Lee Porter
Quadrics Inc.