There seems to be a memory leak in the code for sending snmp v2 traps.
 I have a few traps that are sent many times a minute in certain
situations and when those traps are being sent frequently the memory
footprint of net-snmp gets larger and larger.  within the code for
sending my trap, if I comment out the call to "send_v2trap" within my
"send_xxxx_trap()" function, the memory leak goes away.  I tried
searching through the calls to find where the leak is but I got lost
in the inner-workings of net-snmp and couldn't figure it out.  Has
anyone noticed this memory leak and figured out how to plug it?

my program will have to run for long periods of time and send many,
many traps in the process... so this is a major problem for me.

any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
--
--David Loibl