Hi,

Now I tried installing Net-SNMP-5.3.1 on Solaris9

Configure command was used as follows
./configure --prefix=/net/tcsnas01/vol/nxqa/qa/local/net-snmp_sol --enable-ipv6

When running configure the following error repeated
checking ipv6 stack type... "unknown, no"

After configure was through I checked configure.log and found following
configure:12581: checking ipv6 stack type
conftest.c:43:45: /usr/local/v6/include/sys/types.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:43:22: features.h: No such file or directory
configure:12755: result: "unknown, no"

In fact I did not find directory v6 under /usr/local let alone the file.

I was wondering why this is so.

As of now I suspect that I have a runtime only IPv6 environment
And My gcc is not fully loaded and does not supports compiling IPv6 code
because of which I do not have v6 directory under /usr/local

Please suggest a way out...

Sincerely,
Rahul K