Title: Message
I am running net-snmp on RHEL 3.0 (ES). net-snmp version net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.19

The problem that I am seeing is that ip address aliases (virtual interfaces) do not show up in the ipAddrTable:

With a prior rev of net-snmp I would get the aliases, however, the ifIndex number in the ipAddrTable was wrong... the latest rev fixes the bad ifIndex number but breaks the alias support. Has anyone else seen this?

Also there doesn't seem to be mib2 support for the deprecated ifTable performance metrics:
ifInNUcastPkts and ifOutNUcastPkts, yet the ifXTable that replaces them does not seem to be implmented by the agent either...

thanks for any pointers to solutions...

Josh

Using the older rev. net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.1 the ifIndex field of the ipAddrTable reports the wrong number:

% snmpwalk -v 1 -c local localhost ifIndex
IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 = INTEGER: 2
% snmpwalk -v 1 -c local localhost ipAdEntIfIndex
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.127.0.0.1 = INTEGER: 1
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.128.89.68.55 = INTEGER: 4

Josh Bers

Mobile Networking Systems

BBN Technologies

[EMAIL PROTECTED]