On 25/08/06, MCG PENG Mingxing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   But when I run "net-snmp-config --snmpconfpath" command, the output is:
>  "unknown option --snmpconfpath"
> (My net-snmp package version is 5.1.2 for linux enterprise 4.0)

That's an extremely old version (and work on that line has been closed down).
I strongly suggest that you upgrade to a more recent version.

>         Another,about the path of subagent configuration file, whether I have
> to create it at the directory of /etc/snmp/ ?   because when I  locate it  at
>  /usr/local/etc/snmp/  , my subagent can't  read any configration information
> (I have described this in prior mail), and locate it at /etc/snmp, ererything
> is OK, why?
>
>         But when I run command: ./snmpd -Dread_config -H 2>&1|grep "config
> path"|sort -u
> the output is :
>         read_config: config path
> used:/usr/local/etc/snmp:/usr/local/share/snmp:/usr/local/lib/snmp:/root/.snmp:/var/net-snmp

That certainly looks like the default search path for a
source-compiled installation.
I wouldn't expect anything compiled against these libraries to be
looking in /etc/snmp.
That feels more like a vendor-supplied configuration.

Do you have a vendor-supplied version of Net-SNMP installed as well as
your locally compiled version?    Try removing both of them - then
re-install your local setup.

Working with two installed versions is a recipe for confusion.