On 28/08/06, Sebastian Bello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have used the code in snmptrap to send a trap, but
>
> 1- it doesn't use send_trap_vars nor send_easy_trap (just init_snmp,
> snmp_open, snmp_pdu_create, snmp_add_var and snmp_send); what's the
> difference between the two methods?

'snmptrap' is a standalone application.
It uses the basic SNMP library APIs to generate traps (and informs),
with all of the necessary information (destination, version, admin
settings) specified explicitly.

'send_trap_vars' and 'send_easy_trap' are part of the *agent* API, and
generate traps/informs using configuration info specified elsewhere
(typically via the snmpd.conf file).

> 2- it looks like libnetsnmp.so.10.0.1 is the only file needed to send
> the traps, is this right?

Yes.