On 01/09/06, Arnaud BODENAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Concerning the management of the index in a table, I would like to know if
> there was an automatic way of incrementing them if the index is numeric

Yes.
Have an internal variable within your code that keeps track of the
last index used,
and increments this whenever it creates a new row.

> (like in SQL databases)

That's basically how database software will work.  There'll be similar
processing somewhere within the implementation of a table.  There's no
such thing as "automatic" in computer programming.  *Somewhere* there
has to be code to handle it - either within the code you write, or in
some library or similar.
      As I keep telling our students, computers are thick!