Subra,

2- ok, so I just should choose a version?

4- my application is a set of binaries, say bin1, bin2, ..., binN; lets imagine machine mach1 runs bin1 and bin2, and mach2 runs bin1 and bin3; so maybe the solution is to have mib1 for bin1, mib2 for bin2 and so on, and query mach1 for mib1 and mib2 and query mach2 for mib1 and mib3, is this a good approach?

Subrahmanya Hegde escribió:
Please refer my comments inline

Subra

Sebastian Bello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

does anybody know of a tutorial for writing MIBS?
I'm looking for some doc to answer these questions:
1- can I have TRAPs and NOTIFICATIONs in the same MIB?

[Subra] NO. I think compiler gives warning/error.
For an SMIv2, we need to use NOTIFICATION-TYPE

2- if I don't know whether an NMS will support both, which version
should my application send?

[Subra] Is this for MIB or SNMP?
You can send the response to eithre SNMp v1, v2c, v3.
The agent must be bi-lingual(v1, v3) or trilingual(v1,v2c, v3)

3- what are groups for?
4- I have some binaries running on different machines; should I write a
MIB for each of them (each one is a source for different counters)?

[Subra] did not understand the question..
with my understanding from your question:Same mib can be used and reported by different machines.

Thanks,
Sebastian-