On 26/09/06, Jose Jurado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have to program a C library to let several applications notify their error
> codes and
> warnings to a central SNM.
>
> I want some features to be performed:
>
> - The library must be multi-platform. (just Linux and Windows)
>
> - The notifications must be done in asynchronous mode. (to the applications
> side)
>
> - The configuration of the agent (snmpd.conf) must be used. (this point
> exclude the command-line snmptrap)

Extend the applications to be AgentX subagents, using the information in
    http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/toolkit/demon
as a template.  In particular, take a look at the example-demon.c
file, mentioned in the second half.  You won't need to implement the
MIB module (unless you want to manage the applications directly), but
the same basic framework should support sending traps as well.