Hi--

I'm new to net-snmp and to the mailing list.

In version 3.5.1, the net-snmp-config script is presenting some shell syntax
error messages
(run on Solaris 8):

--Example--
# /usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config  --create-snmpv3-user -ro -a "abcdefghijkl"
sampuser2
adding the following line to /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf:
   createUser sampuser2 MD5 "abcdefghijkl" DES
/usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config: !: not found
/usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config: !: not found
adding the following line to /usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf:
   rouser sampuser2
/usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config: !: not found
/usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config: cannot shift
#
--End of example--

The three "!" errors appear to be related to "if" statements in the script:

# cat -n /usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config | grep "test -d"
    24        if ! test -d $build_dir/snmplib/.libs ; then
   297        if ! test -d $outdir ; then
   300        if ! test -d $outfile ; then
   309        if ! test -d $outfile ; then
#

I changed all those if statements to read  "if test ! -d", and that resolves
the "!" errors here.   Is this a known problem?

Should I submit this to the bug tracker?   (I didn't find a case about it in a
cursory search.)

--Richard Chonak
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]