Hi everyone,

I've been using the "rocommunity" directive, but had to use the whole
com2sec/group/access/view thing to exclude virtual interaces. Although
the following works, I'm not sure if the syntax is correct...

com2sec read default ********
group read v1 read
group read v2c read
group read usm read
access read "" any noauth exact read none none
view read included .1 80
# exclude virtual interfaces
view read excluded interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.3
view read excluded interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.4
view read excluded interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.5
view read excluded interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.6

Does this look good? If anyone can suggest an alternative to exclude
virtual interfaces on Solaris, I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks!
js.
--
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Personal Home Page <http://jsmoriss.mvlan.net/>