From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 2:36 PM
To: Somenath Pal (WT01 - Broadband Networks)
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Multiple row creation

> Thanks for your response. But suppose one create (SNMPSET) success and
> one create (SNMPSET) request fails

Are these two separate SNMP SET requests, or two row creation
assignments, bundled within a single SNMP SET request?    I'm assuming
the latter (given your original question), but this phrasing tends to
imply the former.

>                                                      then do we need
to delete the first
> row as SET request is atomic?

Yes - assuming this is a single SNMP SET request.
That's exactly right.   If the SET request fails, then neither row
should be created.

Of course, if the two rows are created using two separate SET
requests, then it's perfectly valid for one creation to succeed, and
the other to fail.  But if you're putting both creation assignments
into the same SET request, then they must stand or fall together.