From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:33 AM
To: RAJASEKHAR TELLIDEVULAPALLI (WT01 - Broadband Networks)
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: problem with PROC directive

On 16/10/06, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    I'm using PROC directive to monitor whether some "X" process
running on
> the agent machine or not.
>
>    The "X" process is started before the SNMP agent is started. Now
the
> snmpget on  the error flag
>
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.100    shows me as 0 which is correct, but Iam
getting
> the trap simultaneously that the
>
> process is not running (which is actually running).

Can you please try running the agent using  "-f -Le -Ddisman" (with
the "X" process already started), and report the debug output.

> monitor -u admin -r 1 -o prNames.1 -o prErrMessage.1
>          "Process LPS is down" prErrorFlag.1 !=0

It might be worth adding the option "-S" to this entry (somewhere
before the "Process LPS is down" string), and see if that helps.

It also might be worth considering increasing the polling interval a
little.  Repeating this query every second is going to put a
relatively heavy load on the agent!  Checking every 10s (for example)
should be quite sufficient, and would ensure the agent had enough time
to finish starting up before the polling begins.  (*If* that's where
the problem lies).