According to the FAQ document in Net-SNMP website, "The location is used for
information set during the running of the agent, which needs to be persistent
between one run of the agent and the next."

I copied the trap directive "monitor lmFanSensorsDevice "FanSpeed"
lmFanSensorsValue < 2000" from the /usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf and paste
it to the /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf.  Then I used "snmpset" to change the value
from 2000 to 3000.  Verified it's changed by "snmpget".

But when I turned off the snmpd agent and restarted it again, the "monitor"
line is not in the "/var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf" any more. And "snmpget" is not
able to get the value 3000 any more.

Anybody could help this?