Hi Dave,
      Thanks for your prompt response and informative details. Just a
few questions more -

(1) Using mib2c utility of Net-SNMP , when I convert my MIB into a C
program which I would certainly compile and load it in my agent. Then
will it be able to respond to any custom parameter values ? Will I need
to modify this auto-generated C to populate needed information ?

Here my main concern is how do the values for custom fields get set. I
am planning to write a net-snmp module which would query and collect
data from my application and provide monitoring facility for my
application.

Thanks,
Sagar.