Hello,  Thank you so much for your explanation. But please let me ask you
again.

When I made snmp query from windows XP work station which runs net-snmp agent
to obtain some information on news manager,  it was successful. That's why I
felt ambiguous. If you dont mind, could you please explain me why it happened?

But when I made snmp query from news manager to get information on windows XP
workstation which runs net-snmp agent,  request timed out.  So accessing from
agent to manager woks and manager to agent doesnt work. That's why I thought
that my configuration are not correct.

regards,
galaxy

On 18/01/07, Galaxy Virus  wrote:
> (1) can snmp agent make snmp query to get some information on snmp manager ?

No.
SNMP works the other way round.
The SNMP manager application sends the query *to* the agent,
which responds with the requested information.

> (2) can snmp agent make snmp query to get some information on other snmp
> agent ?

In principle, yes.
The DisMan Event MIB is designed to support such "remote monitoring".
In practise, I'm not sure whether this has been implemented yet - it certainly
won't have received much testing.

You can have subagent running on remote boxes, so that one master
agent can provide information from several different systems.  But
that's not quite the same thing.

Be a PS3 game guru.