On 09/02/07, Alex Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only issue with this is that we'd like to know the username and
> source IP address of the offending packet.
>
> It doesn't look like this is available from the AUTH_FAIL trap.

Correct.
Though there is a submission in the Patches tracker to add this
feature.   See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=559312&group_id=12694&atid=312694

But remember that the offending packet may not have an IP address
(e.g. if it was received over a different transport), or a username
(if it was using a different security model than USM).