On 09/02/07, bahamute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have some problem wen install the packet : net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm
> (I download from www.net-snmp.org) .
> First time , I log with root ,when I install it , it display like below:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# rpm -ivh net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm
>    1:net-snmp               warning: user hardaker does not exist - using
> root
> warning: user hardaker does not exist - using root

That's a warning - you can safely ignore it.
Installing and compiling source RPMs is easiest done as root.

>        Now  I change the promission of the files
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# chmod 0666 /usr

Noooooo!!!!!!!
Don't go fiddling about with the permissions of your system.
You're likely to break the security much more that way.

Just install the software as root, and everything should be fine.