On 09/02/07, Amita Mhaskar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried starting snmpd from net-snmp-5.3.1 by specifying multiple
> configuration files.

> 1) /opt/internal/bin/snmpd -p /opt/internal/var/run/snmpd.pid -c
> /ffs/etc/snmpd.conf,/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd_persistent.conf

That would work - either as it stands, or with quotes around the
filenames.  The others (with spaces between the files) won't.

> When I start snmpd with any of these syntaxes, it does not respond to any
> commands like snmpwalk etc..

That's probably more to do with what access configuration you've
got in these files, and how you are querying the agent.

     /opt/internal/bin/snmpd -p /opt/internal/var/run/snmpd.pid
      -c /ffs/etc/snmpd.conf,/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd_persistent.conf
      -f  -Le  -Dread_config

to see what configuration is actually being read in.