Hi Dave,

I also tried with 5.3.1, same problem.. Looks like I am missing some
configuration.

Looked at the code in
net-snmp-5.3.1/agent/mibgroup/disman/event/mteTrigger.c
I think there is a timeout in either netsnmp_query_walk or
netsnmp_query_get which
are returning with -2. It is most probably netsnmp_query_walk as the
traces says "walk".

But snmpwalk seems to be working fine on the MIB Variable.

Logs
*---

disman:event:trigger:monitor: Running trigger (DisMan Event Testing)
.
. Long delay almost 30 sec. Agent is busy doing something and does not
respond to any request.
.
disman:event:trigger:monitor: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2
failed to run mteTrigger query

/*
     * Retrieve the requested MIB value(s)...
     */
    DEBUGMSGTL(( "disman:event:trigger:monitor", "Running trigger
(%s)\n", entry->mteTName));
    var = (netsnmp_variable_list *)SNMP_MALLOC_TYPEDEF(
netsnmp_variable_list );
    if (!var) {
        _mteTrigger_failure("failed to create mteTrigger query
varbind");
        return;
    }
    snmp_set_var_objid( var, entry->mteTriggerValueID,
                             entry->mteTriggerValueID_len );
    if ( entry->flags & MTE_TRIGGER_FLAG_VWILD ) {
        n = netsnmp_query_walk( var, entry->session );
    } else {
        n = netsnmp_query_get(  var, entry->session );
    }
    if ( n != SNMP_ERR_NOERROR ) {
        DEBUGMSGTL(( "disman:event:trigger:monitor", "Trigger query
(%s) failed: %d\n",
                           (( entry->flags & MTE_TRIGGER_FLAG_VWILD ) ?
"walk" : "get"), n));
        _mteTrigger_failure( "failed to run mteTrigger query" );
        return;
    }

Any gueses  ? What could be wrong ?

Thanks in Advance,
Uday Sorte

>>> "Uday Sorte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/1/2007 11:27:23 AM >>>
The object is in Integer object and it is implemented as a part of
subagent.
ntc2223DevTemp  OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX  Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "ntc2223 Device Temperature"
    ::= { ntc2223DevConfig 1 }

snmpwalk gives correct value.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] snmp]# snmpwalk -v1 -c public 127.0.0.1
ntc2223DevTemp
NTC-2223-MIB::ntc2223DevTemp.0 = INTEGER: 20

Also tried adding -S option for monitor.. same old log.

monitor -r 60 -u root -S "DisMan Event Testing" ntc2223DevTemp == 10

Thanks Dave,
Uday

On 01/03/07, Uday Sorte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The log which I get after running snmpd
> *---------------------------------------------
> disman:event:trigger:fire: Returned non-integer result(s):
>    NTC-2223-MIB::ntc2223DevTemp (boolean/threshold) 0

That looks like a problem.
What syntax is this object?
What results do you see if you run "snmpwalk" on this object?

> NET-SNMP version 5.4 AgentX subagent connected

Is this particular object implemented by the subagent?
If so, then the monitor might be triggered before the
subagent is available.
   Try adding the '-S' option to delay the first probe.

your
ttp://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV