From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 3:24 PM
To: Somenath Pal (WT01 - Broadband Networks)
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Doubt related to SNMPGET

> 1) Is there any error condition such that SNMP agent will not send any
> response PDU to manager?

Yes.
If you specify an unknown community (with SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c),
then the agent simply drops the request altogether.   It does not
send back any form of error response.

> In case of error condition which is not known to SNMP agent (which is
> return by the subsystem responsible for implementing MIB attribute)
> what SNMP agent should respond to manager?

Can you be a bit more specific about exactly what situation you
envisage?   There is an error 'genError' which might be suitable,
but we'd need to know a bit more detail.