On 24/03/07, Dale Botkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I can't get these traps to fire.  Then again, when I try to walk
> > dskTable, I get a failiure response so maybe that MIB isn't in my agent.
> >  But I tried with memTotalFree and nothing happens.
> >
> I was unable to get monitor to send traps until I added and used a
> SNMPv3 user.

That's correct - the DisMan monitoring relies on an SNMPv3 user
for the internal queries.  That's why the token "iquerySecName"
is described immediately before "monitor" in the man page.
(And mentioned again under '-u' and again after describing the
"linkUpDownNotifications" and "defaultMonitors" tokens).

I'd hoped that this man page was sufficiently clear that a SNMPv3
user was required.   Unfortunately it looks as if I was wrong :-(
OK - I'll try to make this a bit more explicit.