All, I have build net-snmp from source on Solaris 8. My build directory
(~/net-snmp/net-snmp-5.3.1) is different from my installation directory
(/export/opt/net-snmp).

When I try to run snmpconf, I'm running into issues. Please see the two
variations below
When I run snmpconf as suggested in the README, I get the warnings and
the error and then the script quits.
For the second one, I'm not sure what the answer to the prompt should be
and whatever I try is being rejected.

What am I missing here?

=====================
# ./snmpconf -g basic_setup
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmp-data
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmpd-data
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmptrapd-data
no such group basic_setup
=====================

=====================# ./snmpconf
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmp-data
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmpd-data
Warning: No snmpconf-config file found in
/export/opt/share/snmp/snmpconf-data/snmptrapd-data

I can create the following types of configuration files for you.
Select the file type you wish to create:
(you can create more than one as you run this program)

Other options: quit

Select File:

Thanks,
Sashi