Hi Dave,

I just wanted to give you feedback that tweaking the code in the way you
suggested now sets the Error correctly in the SNMP session object.

This way I can work around the the misbehaving agents manually, althought I
would be very happy, if net-snmp could be more fault tolerant, so I do not
need any dirty hacks in my code.

Thanks a lot for your quick help!

Florian