On 18/04/07, Hamster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to compile net-snmp 5.4 from source on an Ubuntu system.
>
> I am using a ./configure line that looks like:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --with-persistent-directory=/var/lib/snmp --enable-embedded-perl
>
> When I run make install, the perl modules *always* get put in
> /usr/local/lib/perl, and I don't want them there :-) I'd like them to
> obey my --prefix settings.

I believe that the installation of the perl modules is probably
controlled by settings of the installed perl configuration, rather
than the "configure" block.

What does the command

     perl '-V:install.*'

display?

> But in a nutshell, how do I tell the perl section where I want the
> perl files placed? It seems to completely ignore --prefix (even if I
> do something silly like setting --prefix=/foo, the perl modules get
> put in /usr/local/lib/perl) so I'm a bit stumped as to what to do.

Untested, but try setting the environment variable DESTDIR
before running configure.  See whether that makes any difference.