On 22/05/07, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Each of the other machines runs a master agent (also Net-SNMP) with one
> registered SMUX subagent. When a trap is generated by the master or the SMUX
> sub on one of these machines, I would like to have the trap sent to the
> "central" agent, which would forward the trap to its destination list
> (trapsinks).

I would suggest a minor amendment to that model.
Why not have these various systems send their traps to the single
central system, but have *snmptrapd* running on this system
accept these traps and forward them to the external systems
(rather than snmpd doing this).

I suspect that would be much easier to set up, but would still
have the required behaviour with regard to the firewall.

>   It would be best if v1, v2c, and v3 are all supported also.

That would be covered too.