On 08/06/07, goon863 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    My agent is uclinux,and it don't have snmpget command.

The agent wouldn't typically use the command-line tools itself.
They're generally used to talk *to* the agent, not used *by* the agent.
All of the SNMP and OID value processing is coded within the agent itself.

>                                                                If the manager
> snmpset an oid value (0 ,for example)to the agent,
> how can the agent read the value?

The value to be set is encoded within the SET request.
The agent will extract it from this PDU, and invoke the
appropriate code - ultimately updating the underlying system
to apply that particular SET value.
   Exactly how this is done (and what affect it will have) will
depend on which MIB object is being SET.  That's why the
code is different for each MIB object (and often for each O/S)