On 16/06/07, Syed Mujtaba Ahmed Razvi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    I am working on SNMP in windows xp. After i have created the mib, do i
> need to compile it using some tool or not like mibcc.exe etc ? How the new
> mib file created will get integrated with the old existing mib?

Please see the FAQ entries "How can I add a MIB".

> I have an existing MIB with tree like
> + iso
>    + org
>      + dod
>        + internet
>           + directory  (its empty)
>           + mgmt
>           + experimental
>           + private
>           + security   (its empty)
>           + snmpV2
>
> Now can i add into it in internet, my own "myPro"
>           + myPro

No, you can not!
The only place where you can legitimately define new OIDs
is under the 'private.enterprises' subtree, using your own
enterprise number (obtainable from IANA, see www.iana.org).

If you're testing things internally, then you can use the
NET-SNMP-MIB::netSnmpPlaypen subtree, but this must
not be used in publically distributed software.

   But you can't unilaterally decide to use an arbitrary part
of the internationally administered OID tree for your own
private purposes.  Standards don't work like that!