from the link http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/docs/perl-SNMP-README.html
the canonical formats for snmp <vals> are as below:
but how do i set a "STRING" in that case ( to pass the tftp file name info for
eg)

OBJECTID => dotted-decimal (e.g., .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1)
       OCTETSTR => perl scalar containing octets,
              INTEGER => decimal signed integer (or enum),
       NETADDR => dotted-decimal,
       IPADDR => dotted-decimal,
       COUNTER => decimal unsigned integer,
       COUNTER64  => decimal unsigned integer,
       GAUGE,  => decimal unsigned integer,
       UINTEGER,  => decimal unsigned integer,
                            TICKS,  => decimal unsigned integer,
                            OPAQUE => perl scalar containing octets,
              NULL,  => perl scalar containing nothing,

"Brian A. Seklecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 14:37
-0700, Ajay Chenampara wrote:
> Hi there,
> I know im overlooking something here and i hope someone here will be
> able to point it out...
> Im writing a script to download our s/w and router configs via tftp
> using snmp commands.

It helps to load the MIB "CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB".  Note about this
script, it should poll() ccCopyEntryRowStatus.2 before read()/write(),
but this this is blind faith.

~BAS

--------

$ more signalIOSBackup.sh
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

# $Id: signalIOSBackup.sh 209 2007-06-26 17:38:25Z seklecki $
# Brian A. Seklecki - Collaborative Fusion, Inc.

function usage() {
        echo "USAGE:"
        echo "  $0 [Destination IP/Hostname]"
}

if [ ! -n "${1}" ]; then
        echo "Destination Radware Device Not Specified, BAILING!"
        usage;
        exit 1;
fi

COMMUNITY=foo

export MIBS=CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB

SNMPSET="/usr/local/bin/snmpset"

SNMPOPT="-c ${COMMUNITY} -v2c "
SNMPSET="${SNMPSET} ${SNMPOPT}"

#FACILITY=pitbpa1

# Default New TFTP Destination Config
if [ -n "${2}" ]; then
        TFTP_DESTINATION="$2";
else
        TFTP_DESTINATION=192.168.96.39;
fi

# first set it to CLI mode
$SNMPSET ${1} ccCopyProtocol.2 i 1 \
        ccCopySourceFileType.2 i 4   \
        ccCopyDestFileType.2 i 1 \
        ccCopyServerAddress.2 a "${TFTP_DESTINATION}" \
        ccCopyFileName.2 s "${1}.txt" \
        ccCopyEntryRowStatus.2 i 4

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "SNMP Signal to ${1} failed";
        exit 1;
fi

sleep 5;

$SNMPSET ${1} ccCopyEntryRowStatus.2 i 6