On 18/07/07, Thomas Falkenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can see the traps on the Linux client with tcpdump, but the
> snmptrapd-Daemon doesn't log it.

Is the 'snmptrapd' daemon receiving the notifications?
Try running it using the flag '-d', and see whether it displays
a raw packet dump of the incoming requests.

> I use NET-SNMP Version 5.1.2 .

Then you shouldn't have a problem with access control.
(More recent versions of the trapd require explicit authorisation
 of acceptable community strings before displaying traps.
 But this ancient version does not).

I'd be suspicious about firewall filtering (e.g. iptables) on the
receiving system - particularly if "snmptrapd -d ..." doesn't
show any incoming packets.