Hello Mike,

thanks for replying to my question.

I understand that a standard approach is to register the agent for a range
of OISs and to let the agent to be OID aware while the other process
should take care of the underlaying data.

However, I was asked to write an agent that would NOT be OID-aware. All it
would know it is responsible for a range of OIDs without knowing any
details. It would forward complete OIDs to the other process that would
take care about OID disassembly/translation, data manipulation etc.

I am wondering if this is possible within the Net SNMP API, at all.

If so, where should I start?

Thanks.

Milan