On 14/08/07, Patrik Nagel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm not convinced that this is a valid MIB definition, though.
> > SMI (as used to define MIB modules) is not the same as full ASN.1,
> > and doesn't support SEQUENCEs, except as part of defining a table.
>
> I tried to rewrite this MIB (see below) by means of comparing with other
> (standard) MIBs. But I don't know how to design the nested NodesTable.

I think you probably need to look at a book that explains these concepts
properly.   Trying to guess the correct syntax from existing MIB files is
not a reliable way to proceed.

The usual recommendation for MIB design is "Understanding SNMP MIBs"
by Perkins & McGinnis.

>  Finally, there should be one tMergeLayerTable which contains multiple
> NodesTables (cntNodes entry in TMergeLayerEntry).

This book will also explain how to represent "nested tables" within the SMI
structure.