On 20/09/2007, Devvrat Tripathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi i am new to snmp and i have just installed the net snmp package.
> Now now when i try to start the snmpd daemon it always says
> snmpd: symbol lookup error: snmpd: undefined symbol: smux_listen_sd

Which version of the package did you install?
What operating system are you using?

My immediate suspicion is that you may have two versions of the Net-SNMP
software installed - and the agent of one (*with* SMUX support) is linking
to the libraries from the other (*without* SMUX support).

Try removing all SNMP-related packages from your system, and then
re-install the Net-SNMP package.