On 3 Oct 2007, at 03:45, Max wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> Behalf Of Joe Warren-Meeks
>>> Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:11 AM
>>
>>> Is it possible to configure net-snmp to tail a logfile and each time
>>> it finds a regexp match, send a trap with the text to a traphost?
>
> This is a TODO on the Net-SNMP development page:
>
> Log File Monitoring
> TODO
>
>    file FILE [MAXSIZE]
>
>    logmatch NAME PATH CYCLETIME REGEX
>
> The only commercial agent I like as much as Net-SNMP does log file
> monitoring well (feel free to write me off list if interested in the
> name) .. but it is expensive ($2-3k).
>
> There are (as Mike suggested) many external tools that do log
> monitoring well, I maintain one (it is GPL/$0) that is pretty
> lightweight and flexible, LMF
>
> http://lmf.sf.net/

Thanks all for your replies, I'll go for the lmf option, I think.

  -- joe.

http://www.nativ-systems.com/  CONSULTING  ·  TECHNOLOGY  ·  OUTSOURCING
Nativ Systems Ltd. 23 - 25 Eastcastle Street, W1W 8DF
phone:  +44 (0)20 7580 9488     fax:    +44 (0)20 7580 9489
Company Reg No.: 6071152 Company VAT No.: 889 1875 42
Registered in England and Wales