Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
>> Check out patch 1659623 which got applied in SVN Rev. 15942:
>>
>> http://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/net-snmp/branches/V5-4-
>> patches/net-
>>
> snmp/agent/mibgroup/smux/smux.c?r1=15942&r2=15941&view=patch&pathrev=159
> 42
> Sorry Thomas, I am a bit of a newbie in snmpd.
> So, do you suggest that "smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1" does not
> work because of the bug that smuxpeer did not specify a password?
>
> As I did not use svn but use "yum install net-snmp" to install it on F7,
> do I just "yum remove net-snmp" and then just download the latest
> net-snmp from sourceforge and install it again?

Yep. We only offer binaries for FC6, not FC7, though, so you'd need to
build from source.

If you prefer binary packages instead, you could:

- install a 5.4.x SVN snapshot package for FC7 (see
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Third-Party_Packages -- let us
know how it works for you)

and/or

- file a bug with Fedora to get them to include the above patch in their
package

+Thomas