On 22 Oct 2007 12:36:27 -0000, girish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well I've defined NNN as 32 already.

Fair enough (though that wasn't in the code you posted).

>                                                       Now I tried using
> netsnmp_check_vb_type_and_max_size but still the error is
> there.

You definitely want to use 'max_size' rather than 'size',
since the string "girish" isn't 32 characters long.

>     I doubt whether the command which I'm using is correct or not.
> snmpset -v 3 -u myuser -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A my_password localhost
> UserLabel.1 s girish

That command looks OK (assuming the passwords are right, etc).
And if you're getting the error "wrongLength", then it's certainly
accepting these credentials.   (Otherwise it wouldn't get that far).

No - that particular error fits with the code you had before.
I strongly suspect that the subagent that you are running is
still using the 'netsnmp_check_vb_type_and_size()' call.

Try cleaning your system to remove any trace of your subagent,
and query the master agent to confirm that it isn't serving requests
for your MIB.
  Then recompile your subagent (using the max_size call), and
start it up again.