Thank you for your response.

<If you add the line "master agentx" and then start the agent using

    snmpd -f -Le

what does it display?>

# snmpd -f -Le
Turning on AgentX master support.
Error: Couldn't open a master agentx socket to listen on ():

Should I create an agentx.conf file perhaps?

< Sorry - it's not quite clear what you mean by that last.>
At the command line, when I execute snmpd as follows:

# snmpd

There aren't any error messages - it appears to now be executing. ps -ef
doesn't confirm that though.

<I presume you mean "master agentx"  (as you have later)>
Yes, sorry that's what I meant.

Randy