Alex Elliott schrieb:

> I downloaded all the binary files from
> http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/download.html, and transferred the files
> to a linux server that I need the service on. However, ./configure
> doesn’t do anything. I researched the info section on it, and tried
> using autoconf, but the file necessary for that doesn’t need to exist.
> Do I need to run one of the exe files? If so, how do I do that on Linux?
> Is there anybody who can help me?

Did you checked out that configure is executable and/ or that you have
all the necassary tools for compiling software on your linux box?

Another way is to use the packages that are shipped with your
Linux-Distribution. There will have a net-snmp package for sure. This is
much easier than compiling it yourself. What Linux-Distribution is your
server running with?

Christian
Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie