--- Dave Shield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 23/11/2007, PoWah Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I compile net-snmp-5.4.1 as follows:
> > # cd net-snmp-5.4.1
> > # ./configure
> --with-libs=/usr/local/lib/libsensors.a
> > --with-defaults --with-openssl=/
> > --with-mib-modules="dev/ent ucd-snmp/lmSensors"
> > --with-out-mib-modules="agent_mibs utilities"
> >
> > Then I install it and test it like this:
> > $ snmpwalk -v 3 -u admin -l authPriv -a MD5 -A
> > 12345678 -x DES -X 87654321 mypc lmSensors
> > LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmSensors = No Such Object
> available
> > on this agent at this OID
>

> Things to check:
>     -  access control:
>                Does your agent allow access to this
> subtree?
>                (What does "snmpgetnext ...
> lmSensors" return?)
>
>     - active agent modules:
>                Have you successfully included the
> lmSensors module?
>                (What does "snmpd -f -Le
> -Ducd-snmp/lmSensors" report?)
>
>    - O/S sensors support
>                Does the underlying O/S actually
> provide sensor information?
>                (What does "sensors -s" report?)
>
> Dave

> # snmpd -f -Le -Ducd-snmp/lmSensors
registered debug token ucd-snmp/lmSensors, 1
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()
netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()
=> sensor_init
<= sensor_init
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TC): At line 15 in
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt
Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 17 in
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt
Did not find 'DisplayString' in module #-1
(/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt)
Did not find 'ucdExperimental' in module #-1
(/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt)
Unlinked OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmSensors ::= {
ucdExperimental 16 }
Undefined identifier: ucdExperimental near line 32 of
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 1 in (none)
Cannot find module (NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB): At line 1
in (none)
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmMiscSensorsEntry
::= { lmMiscSensorsTable 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmFanSensorsEntry
::= { lmFanSensorsTable 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmTempSensorsEntry
::= { lmTempSensorsTable 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmVoltSensorsEntry
::= { lmVoltSensorsTable 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmMiscSensorsValue
::= { lmMiscSensorsEntry 3 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB:
lmMiscSensorsDevice ::= { lmMiscSensorsEntry 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmMiscSensorsIndex
::= { lmMiscSensorsEntry 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmSensors ::= {
ucdExperimental 16 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmFanSensorsValue
::= { lmFanSensorsEntry 3 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmFanSensorsDevice
::= { lmFanSensorsEntry 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmFanSensorsIndex
::= { lmFanSensorsEntry 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmTempSensorsValue
::= { lmTempSensorsEntry 3 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB:
lmTempSensorsDevice ::= { lmTempSensorsEntry 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmTempSensorsIndex
::= { lmTempSensorsEntry 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmVoltSensorsValue
::= { lmVoltSensorsEntry 3 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB:
lmVoltSensorsDevice ::= { lmVoltSensorsEntry 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmVoltSensorsIndex
::= { lmVoltSensorsEntry 1 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmMiscSensorsTable
::= { lmSensors 5 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmVoltSensorsTable
::= { lmSensors 4 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmFanSensorsTable
::= { lmSensors 3 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmTempSensorsTable
::= { lmSensors 2 }
Cannot adopt OID in LM-SENSORS-MIB: lmSensorsMIB ::= {
lmSensors 1 }
Warning: no access control information configured.
  It's unlikely this agent can serve any useful
purpose in this state.
  Run "snmpconf -g basic_setup" to help you configure
the snmpd.conf file for this agent.
NET-SNMP version 5.4.1

      Looking for a X-Mas gift?  Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/