Hi,

On one machine, I was running snmpd from /usr/local/sbin using snmpd.conf
from /usr/local/share/snmp, and I placed my subagent.conf in the same
directory as the main snmpd.conf, and my subagent was able to find the mib
file. However, on another machine, snmpd was installed by other person,
and was running under /usr/sbin/, and it appeared that the main snmpd.conf
was read from /etc/snmp directory, however, once I added my subagent.conf
to that same directory, and correctly changed the path in the subagen.conf
file, my subagent could connect to the master agent on the second machine,
but the mib file wasn't loaded. Any idea what could cause that? Thanks.

--
Shawn He
Online Technology