I was using table_tdata api, following example in expExpression.c.
However, I had two problems and think they might be bugs in table_tdata:

my table only uses one index (say world index), and has a few columns, one
of them is client count. I followed the mentioned example, and calls

netsnmp_tdata_create_row()
netsnmp_tdata_row_add_index() (that supposedly added the index value for
this row)
netsnmp_tdata_add_row.

in sequence. I tried to add two rows into this table, one with worldindex
1, clientcount 10, another with world index 5, clientcount 50. Everything
seem to be working, but when I browser the table from a mib browser, I can
only see the column of clientcount with correct values of the two rows,
but the index fields are all empty for both rows. Since my row indexes are
registered at the time of the row registration, I would think table_tdata
or table row should automatically handle the index request without
invoking the application handler function. So this could be a bug.

Secondly, when I add another column values to the two rows, it appear that
the availability of the columns in the mib browser is depending on the
order of the row, more specifically, for example, if my another column is
max client count, now if I insert the column for the row with world index
5, and not insert the column for the row of world index 1, the column
value won't show up until the column for the row of world index 1 is
inserted (set). So I suspect the second likely bug is related to some
assumption in the row loop code that skip the columns if an earlier row
doesn't have data.

I am intending to look into the two issues once I have some time, in the
mean while, if anyone has any insights to the above two issues, please let
me know. Thanks.

--
Shawn He
Online Technology