On 05/02/2008, Pranesh Kulkarni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  So when I run the subagent,
>          ./simpleTable -f -L

> Its saying
>           Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent ([NIL]):

> In my /usr/local/share/snmp ,     I have kept the line
>      master agentx

Is that the *only* AgentX configuration you have set up?
In which case, the master agent should be listening for
connections on the named socket /var/agentx/master

Does this socket exist after you start the master agent?
Does it disappear when you shut the master agent down?
Does the master agent log any error messages when you
start it up.

> Do we need another configuration file for the subagent ?

As long as the master agent is creating the AgentX socket
successfully, and the master/subagent agree on what socket
they are using, then you shouldn't need a subagent config file, no.

It might be worth looking at the FAQ entry
    How can I run AgentX with a different socket address?
        http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Agent_13

for a bit more info about this.